Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reasoning

          What is one thing you have always wished you could do? What is the top item on your bucket list? Would you go skydiving? Learn a new language? Buy an expensive new car? Try a new and unknown food? Go on a no budget shopping spree?
            For me, it’s always been my dream to visit every continent before I die.  So far I’ve traveled to 3 out of 7 continents. However I have been forced to tweak this goal a bit. I count all of North America (including Canada), Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. Sadly, unless I decide to be a scientist and study penguins, I will have no official reason to travel to Antarctica; although if the chance arises I would certainly take it.
       Throughout the years I have visited numerous US states and Canada on family vacations.
My first time out of the country I went with a small group to Belize, Central America on a mission trip. We helped to build a school and visit an orphanage. That trip was what sparked my interest in travel; I wanted to see beyond just my small town in New Hampshire. I went to Europe (Spain, France and Italy) during a school break a few years after my Belize trip. Now I will be studying abroad for 2 months this summer in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

A Mayan Temple Ruin we visited in Belize


The Pont du Gard Aqueduct in France with my friend striking a pose in the background.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goal of visiting all the continents. I hope you even find a way to travel to Antarctica!

    ReplyDelete